Thursday, October 28, 2010

two




Day 02 - Your First Love
My first love... well, to be honest, I don't think I've ever been in love before. When I was nine years old, I had the biggest crush on a boy in my class, M. M was cute and funny, he had the smallest teeth and the blondest hair. He surfed and told funny stories. We liked each other, and he asked me to be his "girlfriend". We were "boyfriend" and "girlfriend" for about two years, on and off. He gave me a cheap, sparkly necklace and I wore it everyday, treasuring it. M broke my heart when I was about ten going on eleven. He told me that he didn't want to be with me anymore, and that he liked someone else. I cried for days and days and poured my heart out to my mother. I snapped the necklace he had given me. Eventually, I found out that M was "dating" one of my closest friends, G. I was so upset and I wouldn't speak to her. Then, two years later, after I had long gotten over everything, M decided that he liked me again. He asked me out and I said yes, stupidly, although I had zero feelings for him. I wasn't a very good "girlfriend", even though I'd had years to mature and grow up. After about a week, I broke his heart. It was awful, but I didn't feel bad at all for him. I felt proud of myself. And now, what, three years later? I'm still relatively friends with him, we occasionally speak. And that is my life story!

No comments:

Post a Comment