Wednesday, October 27, 2010

challenge






l






Day 01 - Introduce yourself
My name is Rachel. I will be fifteen years old in exactly fifteen days. I have an older brother whom I idolize and a dog whom I adore. I have a mum and a dad, both in their fifties who want the best for me and I appreciate them more than life itself. I also have braces. My best friend is called Johanna; she is the only person in the whole world who knows absolutely everything about me. This is her blog. I like to think I'm different, but honestly, I think I'm very similar to my peers. I read books, shop, babysit, swim, and spend most of my time on the internet. It's impossible for me to go on diets - I just love to eat. I try to drink as much water as I can and I watch a sad amount of television. I go to a high school that I can't stand, but the people there are the ones that I love. In real life, I am shy and awkward. I think my people skills need some improvement. I'm pretty uncomfortable with confrontation, but I get by. I try to document every event in my life and I'm pretty sure I swear a bit too much. I have some great friends, and sometimes I don't think that I quite live up to their expectations of me - I don't know what type of a friend I am or even if I am a very good one. I haven't been through too much, so I can't relate with a lot of things that my friends have, which makes it difficult when it comes to comforting them, but I try as much as I can to be as lovely to them as they are to me. I love it when strangers smile at me. I think I'm too honest and trusting, but that doesn't stop me opening up to mere strangers. I don't like being referred to as "indie". I get myself into too much shit and I'm not very confident with who I am. I get depressed by the slightest thing and can work myself up for hours. I dream things up and hope for so much more, and then everything is disappointing. You can hardly call me sporty. I spend money as soon as I get it, which sucks - I need a job so bad. I find too many amazing pictures online, and so the disc space on my computer is dangerously low. I'm not really sure what I'm going to do for the rest of my life. Of course I have a rough and hopeful idea - get a job (the sooner the better), go to uni, study something I enjoy, make a few mistakes, live in London or New York for a bit, meet someone, find a secure job, get married, honeymoon in Spain or Fiji (somewhere wonderfully exotic), have children, grow old, retire and die. But isn't that what anyone hopes for?
I guess I'm just your typical, fourteen-going-on-fifteen-year-old girl.

I've probably lowered your respect for me, so I just want to point out that I'm really not that bad. I do have some good traits. I think I'm good to talk to, I pass all of my subjects at school, I'm mildly healthy even if I do indulge whenever I feel that the time is right, I don't hate anyone or wish bad things on people (sometimes I joke around about it), I look out for my friends as much as is in my power and I make some good cakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment