Monday, November 1, 2010

FIVEEEE



Day 05 - Your Definition of Love, in Great Detail

So, in great detail, that means this is going to be a long post. Soz guys, I don't make the rules. You don't have to read if you don't want to, I won't kill ya!
Anyways, the thing about love is that it occurs in so many moments, every day. Through the slightest gesture, someone could fall in love, someone could express love, someone could say "I love you", someone could just feel a sudden surge of love. But the one thing that annoys me about love, is how quickly it is associated with couples. Love doesn't just occur in couples, love occurs in any sort of relationship. I love my mother, I love my father, I love my brother and dog. I love my best friend, I love my English teacher, I love my good friends, my close friends and my distant friends. I love my distant family, I love that woman who lives down the street. I love that guy on tv, I love that girl on tv. I love chocolate and reading and books. I love my new swimmers, I love Australia.
So many people say love is rare, but I really don't agree with this statement. Love is everywhere. Right now, in this second, people are saying "I love you" to each other, despite their relationship.
It is so easy for me to love. I think it is for everybody. I've experienced love so many times, and continue to even on the worst day, which manages to get me through everything.
I guess what I'm trying to say, is that, to me personally, love is so different to being in love. Love is about acceptance; accepting people for who they are, despite flaws and differences of opinions. Despite long-running arguments and history. It's about forgiveness, and biting your tongue. Believing that something is for somebody's own good. Ut's about being there for someone, and having someone be there for you. It's about wanting to know someone. It's about trust and laughter and protecting someone. Knowing that you'll get through it. Knowing who will stick around. I think that the idea of love has been spoilt by movies and stereotypes - don't get me wrong, I do love that shit, but sometimes, when you think about it, it gets too unrealistic.
So, to wrap it up, for me, love is friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment